Do you have an estate plan in place? While April Fool’s day has past us, the last thing you want to be is a fool! If you haven’t taken the time to create an estate plan, you may be setting yourself up for serious problems in the future. With a proper estate plan, you can protect yourself, your assets and your loved ones. Take the time to meet with an estate planning attorney.
Below are 15 reasons why you need an estate plan:
- You want to properly plan for the future.
- You want to be able to decide how your assets are distributed after your death.
- You want to choose a guardian who will be responsible for caring for your children if you become disabled or die.
- You want to choose who will be responsible for managing and distributing your assets after your death.
- You want to lessen your estate’s taxes.
- You want to care for your loved ones after your death.
- You want to outline important medical decisions ahead of time.
- You want to outline funeral arrangements ahead of time.
- You want to make sure that your loved ones are able to make responsible decisions regarding the use of your assets.
- You want to avoid the costly and time consuming processes of guardianship and probate.
- You want to protect your assets from creditors.
- You want to provide for a loved one with special needs.
- You want to avoid family conflicts and disagreements.
- You want to make sure that your beneficiaries receive their assets in a timely manner.
- You want to make sure that your pet is cared for after your death.
Don’t be an April fool! Take the time to meet with an estate planning attorney.
If you have any questions about the need for an estate plan, consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.